Archive for the ‘Sunday Stuff’ Category
We hope you will join us on Sunday, December 23, for one of our Christmas services. It’s a great opportunity to invite your family, friends and neighbors to Buckhead Church.
We’ll have full children’s programming (Waumba Land and UpStreet) at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m on December 23. Only Waumba Land (baby-preschool) is offered at 6 p.m.
In case you missed it or just want to watch it again, here’s last Sunday’s opener from our Be Rich launch. There are still plenty of opportunities to Do More. Give More. at howtoberich.org. Join us!
Thank you so much for your overwhelming response to our Operation Christmas Child launch on Sunday. We passed out all of the shoeboxes we ordered—over 3,000 boxes in one day! Last year, between our five Atlanta-area churches, we collected 11,500 shoeboxes to send to children all over the world. Our goal this year is 15,000—so every box counts!
Here are a few things to remember . . .
If you picked up a box on Sunday, make sure you follow these steps.
- Choose boy or girl. Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl and the age category: 2–4, 5–9, or 10–14. Use the appropriate boy/girl label from your brochure (or print one at www.samaritanspurse.org/OCC). Mark the correct age category on the label and tape it to the top of your box.
- Fill box with gifts. Make sure you follow the instructions for filling your box. For instance, school supplies—GREAT idea; liquids or lotions—bad idea. There is a list of what to pack and not to pack on the brochure attached to (or inside) your box. You can also find a list at www.samaritanspurse.org/OCC.
- Include a $7 donation per box. Shipping boxes overseas is costly. Please include $7 inside each box to help cover shipping. You can write a check made out to Samaritan’s Purse with a note on the memo line that the donation is for Operation Christmas Child, or you can pay your shipping online at www.samaritanspurse.org. The cool thing about donating online is that you can actually track your box to see where it goes!
- Drop off the filled box. Place a rubber band around each closed box and bring it back to the church on Sunday, November 11 or 18. November 18 is our last day to collect boxes, as we will take them to the OCC warehouse early Monday morning.
If you were unable to get a box on Sunday . . .
- Use a shoebox of your own. You can use a standard-size shoebox, or, even better, purchase a plastic one with a lid that can be reused by the child.
- Follow the steps above for filling your box.
- Drop off your filled shoebox by Sunday, November 18!
Thanks so much for bringing Christmas and the message of the gospel to children all over the world!
The Be Rich Team ::: Buckhead Church
*Romans 7:15, 18 (NIV)