On August 23, 24, and 25, we held our Mens, Womens, and Married couples GroupLink events at Buckhead Church. GroupLink is held twice annually in January and August with the purpose of connecting people into a community group. Around here, we are passionate about moving people from rows on a Sunday into circles of community groups during the week. As a result of our recent GroupLinks, 174 new circles were formed and over 1200 people were connected into a group. Here are a few things we are celebrating:
- We had a total of 187 incredible group leaders (a new record for us) who came to GroupLink to start a new community group.
- We had 269 extraordinary volunteers who served at one of our GroupLink events and embraced a “How can I help?” spirit for our attendees.
- Over 650 attendees took a BIG step and joined their first group at Buckhead Church.
- We released a brand new 8-week small group resource called Community that all of our new groups received at GroupLink as their first study.
- As strangers became fellow group members, we watched God do what only He can do.
Our heartfelt thanks to the many volunteers who served, the leaders who gave (and continue to give) of their time to lead, and the new small group members who came to join a group. We are praying for these new circles that are now meeting all around our city!
In case you missed our GroupLink event, there are still a few openings in some of our community groups. To see if there is a group in your area of town, visit www.buckheadchurch.org/grouplink and select FIND A GROUP.
Steve Giddens ::: Director of Group Life ::: Buckhead Church
do stuffdiscuss nicely
postedsep 7, 2012